Sunday, September 8, 2013

Back at it

The 2013 Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon is exactly six weeks away and I am feeling more confident, each and every day. I think it is safe to say that I am nearly hitting the same workouts and mileage as I was pre-Worlds. Lots of time to keep at it.
I must say that I am certainly not investing the same amount of emotional energy this time. I am blessed with enough busyness in my day to keep my mind occupied and that is a good thing. Our 7 yr old made a rep hockey team that has him on the ice 4/wk and our 5 yr old resumes swim lessons next month. Don't get me wrong - like every marathon I want to give it my all but after Worlds, I've been able to step back with perspective. I want to train and race because that is what I do...and put it to good use Oct 20th,  hopefully with decent weather (;
Glad I can continue being involved in the community.

After school road hockey!

Yep, back to marathon training with kale, beet, salmon and kidney bean salad.
imagejpeg_2.jpg
Walk of Hope a hit!