Sunday, March 18, 2012

Feeling Fit. Feeling Fine.

Well, the Around the Bay 30 km race is one week away!
I did another highest-mileage-yet week, finishing w/ an easy 37 km run Saturday (averaged a bit less than 4:45/km...I didn't always stop my watch during breaks), totaling 150 km (I totally felt like I could run longer than 37 km but part of running requires discipline to do less, not more).
Earlier in the week, I'd been getting up between 5:00-5:30 a.m. so that I could train before my hubby left for work. But then I took the kids to their grandparents and got to sleep in until 8:00 a.m. TWO DAYS!! I went for my 20 km and 16 km runs right away, leaving grammy and grampa to feed the kids breakfast and get them dressed. It was so nice. Coach Rick told me to take a few relaxing days...and that's what I did. Even better, I was in bed before 11:00pm both nights. Not sure when I got that much sleep before! I've been having ice baths after hard workouts/long runs (thanks, Linda). I'm going to do one more harder session tomorrow then taper for the rest of the week. The weather forecast looks great-cool and sunny. Crazy for this time of year, isn't it!
We have another busy week, leading up to the Bay (good distraction when tapering messes w/ your mind!). Seth starts hockey and has his 4th birthday party, Micah has three ice times, Leah needs her needles, etc. We have started renos on the new house; taking out flooring, removing wallpaper (sooo tedious), etc. Busy but blessed.
I will be at the Around the Bay expo Saturday afternoon, between Eload, Saucony and the Brantford Tournament of Races so please come by to say hello!