Sunday, January 1, 2012

Stacey B., here I come!

What a way to start the year! I aimed for a 35:30 to qualify for the Vancouver Sun Run and.... did it with one second to spare at the Brantford Tournament of Races New Year's Day 10 km ! Huge thanks to Cory Currie for pacing me. The last few weeks have been quite busy with celebrating CHRISTmas, putting an offer in on a house, and getting our house ready to sell! But I kept that goal in mind, ate a few less sweets, and stuck to the training plan. Wow!
Here are the times of my last three 10 km races:
36:39 June 2009 (15 months post baby)
38:17 August 2011 (5 months post baby)
35:29 January 2012 (10 months post baby)
With baby Leah nearly 10 months old, I think it's safe to say that I am in the best post-baby shape ever. I am quite excited to get this season's training support from Coach Nicole Stevenson, and local runners, Cory Currie and Rick Mannen. I'm ready to keep increasing the mileage without compromising the quality of my work-outs while staying injury-free. Bring it on!
The best part about today's race was running it for Stacey. She is a GREAT friend of mine who moved out to Vancouver a few years ago. I've only seen her once since (when I ran the Vancouver 1/2 Marathon in 2010) and can't wait to see her again. The second best part was that my husband ran his first 5 km race today. Maybe he'll join me in the Sun Run while we are out there?!