Thursday, May 24, 2012

Back to Ottawa...Two Years Later



It's been two years since our family headed to the Ottawa Race Weekend. In 2010, we were a family of 4 and I ran a 2:39 to give me a National Champion title in the marathon. That weekend, Jonathan took our eldest on an amphibus ride, which was a huge hit while I stayed back at the hotel to nap with our youngest. And we got to spend time with family. This year, I'll be running the 10 km Saturday evening, a few hours after the 3 boys run the 2 km race. The past few weeks have been quite interesting as my 6 yr old has wanted to "train" for this event. During Seth's hockey practice, Micah ran five times around the 200 m track at the Gretzky centre. Then I took him to soccer practice early, to get in some training on the 400 m track (again, his idea)! Jonathan and I believe in providing opportunity for our kids; the passion comes (or doesn't come) later so it's exciting to see his excitement. This year, we again plan to see family, and make the amphibus another part of the weekend with me staying back to rest with the newest youngest! We just love our darling daughter, Leah. 
So, as for my 10 km race and the appeal...there's a lot of unknowns right now. I haven't done a 10 km in the shape I am in now so will hopefully surprise myself with a decent time. Looks like there's going to be a good group of girls with whom to run. As for the appeal, we are working on our response to the NTC and will keep you posted.