Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Departure is tomorrow!



Well, tomorrow is my departure day and I am thrilled. Bags are packed and yes, I am READY to go! I'm so glad we booked a Wed-Tues trip; should give me lots of time to settle before, and relax after, the race. I look forward to meeting fellow Canadians, Lanni Marchant and Rob Watson, also going for that Olympic standard (2:29:55 and 2:11:29). Like I wrote on facebook, "Ok, Rob and Lanni, let's finish what we started"!
I feel fit as a fiddle and am likely in the best shape of my life. Two years ago when I ran Ottawa and our youngest was 2 yrs old, I averaged 97 km/wk (peak 113 km), was about 119 lbs, and had a RHR of 39. This season when our youngest was 1 yr old, I averaged 125 km/wk (peak 155 km), am about 115 lbs, and have a RHR of 33! That should count for something. This 35 year old mom of 3 is pumped! I've got the training done, and like Silvia Ruegger wrote to me, "Do the woman-sized task and let God do the God-sized task".
On the plane, I plan to read over cards, scripture and words of encouragement I've received. Again from Silvia, "with God all things are possible; he is the ultimate qualifier; when he has an assignment/purpose for us, he gives us everything we need to fulfill it. "
From a running mom from the East, "...I do love to run and I feel the joy, much like you, with every stride I take. You have an incredible running journey and I wanted to let you know you're a HUGE inspiration to a few of us running moms here on PEI. We'll be cheering for you in Rotterdam - hope our positive vibes find their way across the ocean. God bless and God speed."
From a running mom (and GREAT friend) from the West (Vancouver), "Love you, sooooo proud of you. xoxoxoxo".
From Daniel (which I've been reading lately), I can't help but think that like him, I've been avoiding rich foods and wines, and consuming plenty of vegetables and water. I too hope to look and feel healthier and better nourished! God certainly had a purpose for Daniel (as an advisor to the king, he was a man of prayer and had a sharp mind, filled with divine knowledge and understanding) and He has has one for me.
And my favourite from Eric Liddell, "I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. And when I run I feel His pleasure."

Coach Rick will meet me at the track for just a short session tomorrow. He's been a great support and is full of experience and knowledge.
Jonathan will stay home with the kids. We call ourselves, "Team DuChene"...here they are, tossing ice cubes into my ice bath! I've never been away from any of them for this long but have no concerns. I certainly will think of them (and many others) during the race.
Well, until then!
Krista