Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Typical Day ... With Three Kids!





















Back in 2008 when I had 2 kids, I blogged about a "typical day". Seth was 8 months old and Micah was almost 2 years old. Here are the links:
Typical Day I/II
Typical Day II/II
Now that I have three kids and am at a higher training level, life is a bit different. People often ask me, "How do you do it?". That is an easy question w/ a difficult (long) answer! The short answer is that Jonathan and I communicate very well, and I plan every day, week, and month, working backwards from my goals. Here's a typical day now:
6:30-7:00 am Micah, Seth and Leah awake. I nurse Leah while the boys get a bit of tv (usually Wild Kratts).
7:00-8:10 am Breakfast, pack lunches and snacks, make coffee (often Jonathan does this before work!), unload dishwasher, clean up kitchen, check school calendar, say good-bye to Micah as daddy takes him to school.
8:10-8:45 am Finish clean-up. Drink a coffee (oh SO nice) while spending some time with Leah and Seth. Get ready to go to gym.
9:00 am Drop off Seth and Leah with Maureen and Jeanetta (they are AMAZING ladies) at Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre.
9:10-10:00 am. Swim, usually about 2 km.
10:10-11:20 am Run on treadmill or new indoor 200 m track, anywhere from 8-18 km.
11:20-11:40 am Weights, stretching, core.
11:45 am Pick up Leah and Seth. Shower. Nurse Leah.
12:00 pm Lunch (3 of us) and clean-up.
1:00 pm Put Leah to bed. Twenty minute power nap for me while Seth watches tv. Check email.
2:00-3:30 pm Spend time with Seth (puzzles, reading, etc.). Decide what to make for supper. Chores (laundry, cleaning, banking, etc.)
3:30 pm Pick up Micah from school.
4:00-5:30 pm Nurse Leah, make supper, referee boys.
5:30 pm Supper (daddy home!).
6:30-7:30 pm Family time. Usually I clean up from supper then I take Leah so the boys can wrestle with daddy. Read with the kids.
7:30-8:00 pm Kids' tub, teeth, toilet. Nurse Leah. Read to and pray with boys. All kids to bed.
8:00-8:30 pm Devotions, email, read mail/school letters, etc.
8:30-10:00 pm Time with Jonathan, tv, computer time.
10:00 pm Bed.

Of course there are other activities that occur during the week: volunteering at school, parent n' tot skating Tues and Thurs, groceries, diaper-changing, etc.
The "job" of Marathon Mom couldn't be any better. I love every day of it.

Send me an email if you are interested in learning more about Marathon Mom! kristaduchene@hotmail.com