Saturday, August 27, 2011

Stepping it up!

After my slow race last week, I was determined to get to work this week. And I did.
I was steady in accomplishing a 10 km (middle 5 km tempo) tempo run, 11.5 km (8x250 m hills) hill run, and 21.5 km (strong finish) long run with some easy runs between to total 84 km. I did over 2 hrs of swimming/pool running, and a 45 min bike. This is likely my highest mileage in over a year. Sweet. Finally.
And there will be more, God-willing!
Oh, my foot is about the only thing that is a problem. Stretching and the Strassburg sock continue to be the methods to manage.
The kids are doing great. They are growing, a real joy, and a great blessing. One more week of summer until we get into our fall routine. Micah will be in SK (full time at his school) and Seth will do one morning of Preschool. Seth and Leah will be w/ Maureen and Jeanetta at the gym 3 mornings each week while I train. I will also run with Seth and Leah in the Chariot a few mornings each week. Leah is sitting up and soon to start solids! What a big girl...6 months Sept 5!
The plan is to do the Toad Oct 1 and the STWM Oct 16.